Saturday, February 16, 2013

Upside Down French Braid Bun

Hi There!

I have always loved doing hair! But, my hair has always been short. It was very, very thin when I was growing up and never grew past my shoulders, until I was pregnant. I did learn to braid though, and have loved braiding other people's hair!

I especially love to do my cousins and my sister-in-laws! I have done this upside down french braid into a bun a couple of times on them and they both really like it, so I figured I'd put it up for you all to see. Enjoy! I think it would be really cute to add some flowers or jeweled bobby pins to the bun.


Tools for this look:
  • Brush
  • Bobby pins
  • Hair tie
  • Small rubber band
  • Decorative items (optional)
Here's the steps to do this look:
  1. Flip head upside down and brush hair.
  2. French braid from nape of neck 
  3. Continue french braid until crown of head, or until the spot where you want the bun to be.
  4. Braid the end and secure with a small rubber band.
  5. Begin to twist the end of the braid into a bun, securing with bobby pins or a hair tie, whichever you prefer.
  6. End with a little bit of hairspray if you have fly-aways and get creative! Add a flower, ribbon, bow, headband, cute little bobby pins, etc. Another option is to stop the french braid at the crown of the head and curl the hair and pin for more of a formal updo look, but these young girls liked the braided buns!

 Do you have any hairstyles you would like to see? Do you have a favorite hairstyle you like to do on others?

xo JC


1 comment:

  1. This is so cute!! I can barely braid so this is super impressive!

    ReplyDelete