Tuesday, February 12, 2013

I'm so glad we're in the same school! Valentine

Hi there,

It's obviously been a week or so since my last post, but I haven't been super motivated to post, mostly because there hasn't been a lot going on the past week. I still get a call from lovie everyday in the late evening which I love and I have a few things lined up to send him, but today I'm sharing a "Pinterest- I did it!" post that I had so much fun making with my little cousin Makayla. I guess I can't say she's that little- she is in 6th grade already! We nevertheless we had so much fun making this cute little Valentine's for her class and it was really easy and quick.

She was in the crafting mood (yay) and we decided this is what she wanted to do for her class. We picked up Swedish Fish (one of my absolute favorite candies) and some small clear treat bags, both from Target. ...Notice the bag is already open clearly showing that I couldn't wait to dig into them!


Next we grabbed some white computer paper and used a lid to trace and cut out a circle. Then we had some blue cardstock that she traced half the lid onto. We cut it out and I free handed the waves with the scissors. We used a good ol' glue stick to put the blue onto the white circle and trimmed up the edges. On the front we wrote the Valentine message and on the back she wrote To: and From:.

Then you simple put it in the treat bag and add your fish. The serving size for Swedish fish is 5 pieces so that's what I used for each. I don't know about you but I can eat the whole bag by myself, but those kiddies don't need any extra sugar on a day like Valentine's, so 5 is all they get.
 We played around with tying the top with string, but since we had the small treat bags it didn't look so good. We folded the tops down and taped them on the back.
 

We were so happy with the results and I loved hanging out with my wonderful cousin Makayla! She is so sweet and we love crafting together. You know around here we like handmade things so I couldn't resist such a cute, simple, and inexpensive Valentine craft. I am one of those people that wishes I was still in school just so I could make Valentine's for my friends and teacher, haha.

Do you have any homemade Valentine's ideas?

xo JC

No comments:

Post a Comment