Monday, February 18, 2013

Easiest Individual Lasagna

Happy Monday!

Last night my sister was craving lasagna and asked if we could make some- a little strange since she said she thinks she's only eaten lasagna twice in her whole life! Lasagna is really, really easy to make and as always I figured I'd throw it together with what we already had. I turned out well! The cheese on top got toasty but it wasn't bad, although for food pictures I should've pulled it out just a minute or so earlier, but taste was still good!


I love using my individual baking pans because they are just so cute and its a baking dish and a serving/eating dish all in one! It's also fun because people can make their own and lasagna is a very easy meal for little hands to join in as well! Which is also why it isn't as neat as it probably should be, we literally threw it together, but it all tastes the same right?!

Here's what I used:
(again, just using whatever we had)
  • 1 bag frozen broccoli, thawed
  • 1/2lb shredded mozzarella
  • lasagna noodles
  • 1 can pasta sauce
 Here's what I did:
  1. Preheat oven to 350. (I did 375 and the top got too brown too quickly, so I would take it down next time)
  2. Cook lasagna noodles like normal pasta, careful not to overcook.
  3. Spray pans with cooking spray, butter, or oil.
  4. Begin Layering! Noodles, Sauce, Broccoli, Cheese, Repeat
  5. Bake for about 30min or until bubbly and melted
  6. Enjoy!

First layer is already done in the picture above.

Usually people top it off with noodles sauce and cheese to create the top, but I didn't cook very many noodles and had extra filling so that is how we topped ours off.

 
And these are ours all ready to eat! Lasagna is one of those things that you can really get creative with so encourage this kids, or yourself, to try different combinations and different flavors. Sausage, beef, turkey, ricotta, mozzarella, broccoli, and other veggies are really good, but I've also made a delicious lasagna without any red sauce and used corn. The possibilities are endless, but all in all lasagna is a good way to use up some things in your kitchen and is a great cooking opportunity with very little knife skills involved.

Do you like making things in individual portions too?

xo JC

No comments:

Post a Comment