Thursday, January 17, 2013

Foggy Nights

Last night we had an extreme fog warning (I think that's what they called it). I happened to be driving late last night by myself, which I love to do, and it felt really suspicious and eerie. Literally the fog covered the whole area that I was driving, it was just so dark and gloomy. My spidy-senses were really kicking in and for someone who fantasizes about a secret life of being a spy, nights like this really get my mind wandering.

Also on this night I had a strange thing occur. It was even more intriguing because I was already in a peculiar mood. The gloominess made everything seem dreamlike. Anyways, so I was driving home and a car that looked oddly familiar sped up next to me, stayed next to me for a few seconds, then abruptly traveled three lanes across traffic behind me to make a turn in the opposite direction. It just stuck me as odd, but I couldn't make out if I actually knew the driver or not, although I seriously am considering it to be an ex-boyfriend. Things like this really make me wonder about how people work. If this person was who I think they were, then they wanted to ensure it was in fact me they were spotting so they sped up next to me, but they didn't want me to notice that they were trying to be noticed, otherwise they would've honked, waved, or followed me until there was a more opportune time to make their appearance. However I'm assuming that this person wanted to be inconspicuous, as I would have like to have been had I been in their position of seeing the other person first. But because I did actually get a glimpse of them it makes it all the more strange and awkward. If it had just been a random stranger, it would've been a very aggressive change of course for someone who, say, didn't know where they were going... it's not exactly the way a normal driver would change their mind about which turn to take. And yes, I am a self-proclaimed expert on driving habits. Haha.

Anyways, incidences like this just make me think about random stuff and go on rants about what I think it was or could've been. Who knows though! I guess I'm my the only one who think like this sometimes otherwise there wouldn't be that whole "missed connections" section on Craigslist. Have you ever gone through and read some of those? Some make me feel creeped out, some make me laugh, some are really cute, and then entails I read one and realize how pathetic I am for spending so much time reading it haha.

Xo JC

No comments:

Post a Comment