Thursday, January 31, 2013

Green Smoothie in the Ninja!

Hello!

I am so excited to be starting my own smoothie challenge-ish thing. I had a wonderful smoothie a few weeks ago at my aunt's house and it inspired me. I also found a pin for a green smoothie (adding fresh greens to a fruit smoothie) and I just couldn't resist.

My parents are both losing weight and we have more fresh ingredients around the house than usual, but they still tend to waste some, so before that could happen I grabbed the spinach and away we went.

Here's how I made my smoothie. In the NINJA combine:
  • handful of spinach
  • handful of frozen blueberries
  • about 1 cup of milk
  • 0.5tsp vanilla
  • 3 cubes of ice
Combine until it's the consistency you want. After a few pulses it was too thick for me so I added more milk and pulsed some more. It was super delicious!! I am excited to play around with different fruits and vegetables and create some freezer bags full of ready to go ingredients so I can just pop them in every morning and go. Hopefully we can get everyone in the family on smoothies before you know it! I'm sure once my little man is a little older he will love these, and in popsicle form too!

We will have to wait and see if lovie likes them when he returns.

Sorry I don't have any more pictures. When I am in a creating mood like this I am really just wingin' it so I don't think about taking pictures until it is actually all said and done and I like the end result. haha.

Anyways, here's the pic- It looks gray and brownish in the picture but in real life it was purple from the blueberries. Not sure why the color didn't show better but that's okay. (yes this is my instagram pic)




I signed up to join the simplegreensmoothies.com 30-day Challenge that starts in April, but I will definitely be drinking plenty of smoothies between now and then. I know many people don't use dairy in their smoothies, but I love it so I will use milk and yogurt in some of mine. 

The Challenge is to replace one meal per day with a green smoothie! 

xo JC

No comments:

Post a Comment