Saturday, May 4, 2013

I Miss You A Latte Care Package

Hello!

Just as I thought as the deployment is moving along lovie is starting to actually ask for me to send him things. First on the list is that he missed coffee. They do have coffee over there but he doesn't like it. We also are both big tea drinkers so he asked for some tea and honey as well. Lastly, he'd already eaten all of the snacks I've sent him in previous care packages, so he asked for some more snacks, specifically Clif Bars, that he can eat while on patrol duty.

I was more than happy to be of assistance =)


I kept is simple again, using green construction paper as the background and cut out coffee mugs from white computer paper and used a (dying) brown marker to color the sleeve. On the side panels I wrote just a little love note =). I've actually had this one decorated since before he even got to Afghanistan haha.














Remember a few weeks ago I sent him some sweat pants? This time I added in his footie pajama pants that I handmade for him for Christmas two years ago.

Little story about the PJs...He was visiting family for the holidays and strangely I was a complete nervous wreck. I balled my eyes out multiple times during the two week period for no apparent reason so I needed something to keep my busy so I choose to sew him these pants. This was a project that I thought would take me his entire trip to finish, but I felt so crazy that I stayed up all hours of the night finished them in less than three days. Right when he got back is when we found out we were pregnant and I was, "Ohhhh, maybe that's why I kept crying uncontrollably at every little thing." =) Oh hormones, how you perplex me.


Inside this care package:
  • Maxwell House coffee (our fav) -$4.99 or so
  • Various teas - already had on hand (we are always buying tea when it's on sale)
  • 2 box Clif Bars- $4/ea I believe
  • Honey -$3
  • Annie's snacks- purchased on Easter Clearance here
  • Toe Warmers -$1/ea
What do you think? Is there anyone you miss/love/appreciate a latte? Right now I'd just love a Chai tea latte personally ;)

xo JC

No comments:

Post a Comment