Tuesday, April 30, 2013

You Are My Souper Hero Care Package

Hello!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful last few days of April. I've been feeling a bit hectic lately re-adjusting back to not working part time. I had been staying home for about 10 months, then got a part time job for about 1 month, and am now back to staying home while working on starting my own business. Despite the freedom of being a back to a full time stay a home mom, any little change requires some adjustment it seems so I have reorganized and refocused to switch things back to staying a home. I'm the kind of person that has to reorganize my thoughts any time there's a little change, but I love change, and I love the process of reorganizing lol.

Ok, enough about me- I am so excited to share my care package today!


I knew that I wanted to do a Super Hero theme and honestly struggled quite a bit with how to interpret it into something I actually could do. I'm unaware if lovie has a favorite hero, and since I bought the Avengers little containers I felt compelled to go with that theme, but I knew I didn't want to attempt to draw any of the Avengers. I also really know very little about the story lines of the Avengers characters so I wanted to do something a little more generic, but couldn't quite figure it out, and couldn't figure out how I could include the contents in the Super Hero theme as well. Oh the things us military spouses stress about ;) or maybe it's just me. I really get into it.

The solution- SOUP. My man looooooves soup. Especially Cup of Noodles. I can hardly consider that something to nourish oneself, but hey he loves it. He had asked for it and surprisingly Target has a very small selection of Cup of Noodles and I don't think carries Ramen at all, so it took a little while before I made a trip to Wal-Mart to get them when it hit me- Souper Hero!


I kept the panels pretty simple as I wasn't in the mood to do anything elaborate. I used a plain blue gift bag that had too many wrinkles for me to use for an actual gift so I cut it into strips and cut out a few super hero shapes. What exactly do you call those "pow" shapes? Onomatopoeia bubbles? I have no clue. I thought it still needed a little something extra, but nothing a trusty sharpie couldn't fix. I added some dots around the shapes and some extra lines. 

Inside is:
  • 4 Cup of Noodles - $0.28/ea
  • 2 Velveeta microwave pasta - $0.89/ea
  • 1 Campell's Soup at Hand- $1.50
  • Avengers containers with candy - about $2.00 total on Easter clearance that you can see here
  • I'll probably add some homemade beef jerky- post coming soon
  • And some homemade cards and my letters


What do you think? Do you have a Souper Hero in your life?

xo JC


No comments:

Post a Comment