Saturday, March 2, 2013

Psych Season 7 Party!

Hi there!

My friends and I are Psych fans and we were so excited to get Season 7 started. So excited in fact that we had a little get together. I didn't go all out but I did attempt to make mini pineapple upside down cakes. That. did. not. work. haha. The cake cooked just fine, but when I tried to flip them the pineapple and topping didn't come with it. So with that I had edible cake pieces and some pineapple pieces. So I got a little desperate creative and decided to go with a pineapple upside down cake trifle-ish dessert.

I crumbled the cake more than it already was and began layering it in my antique candy dish.


And then I got the (not so) bright idea to make some vanilla pudding to add layer that in as well. It was good, and edible, but not exactly the best combo... The cake is already really, really moist, so adding in a pudding wasn't necessary. I don't know, I just felt like it needed something, but this time I picked the wrong something. But like I said- it was edible and still good, just not like Oh My Goodness Let Me Eat The Whole Thing good. And that's usually the reaction I prefer for my desserts so this one is less than par we'll say.




We still had an absolute blast watching the first episode of Season 7 and it was definitely a good start! We were laughing and chatting and trying to catch all of the insane things Gus and Shawn say, but that's what the DVR is for ;).

Next time I go for a pineapple dessert I'll either stick with fresh pineapple, grilled pineapple, a real pineapple upside down cake, or a cocktail with pineapple juice in it!

Whenever I get desperate/creative when cooking it sometimes ends in disaster and sometimes in delicious geniusness, and that's happened since I started cooking in middle school. I really have no restraints when I'm in the kitchen and that is how you learn so I recommend playing around with things and seeing what happens. =)

xo JC

No comments:

Post a Comment