Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Tie-Dye Sprinkle Flower Child Cake and some AMAZING Berry Cobbler

This post heading was a mouthful- literally and figuratively.

Every time I go visit the in-laws my little sister in law loves to bake do crafts with me so I was excited to help her make a tie-dye cake she wanted to make. She purchased the Chef Duff Tie-Dye Cake Box and we got to work. The cake was not vanilla flavored so she didn't really like it but we had fun dying the batter different colors and she wanted to dye the icing and use sprinkles and flowers to decorate it.




The other thing I baked a few days ago turned out absolutely AMAZING! I ate the entire thing but one serving. It was this delicious berry cobbler. Unfortunately I have no idea what recipe I used because I was going back and forth between like 4 different ones and totally winged it, but man it was delicious. Anything with berries, baked dough, and homemade whipped cream is heaven in my book.


I used a premade pie crust that I had leftover in the freezer and thawed some frozen mixed berries from the freezer as well. I tossed the berries in a little bit of cornstarch and sugar, and added some lemon juice and vanilla then poured them over half of the pie crust in this baking dish and used the other half of the pie crust to weave on top.


This is the first time I had purchased the whipping cream from Trader Joe's and I was excited to try it because of the storage life. It was in a little carton and could be kept in your pantry until ready to use for a few months, so it was nice that it didn't take up much needed fridge space. I whipped it together with some powdered sugar and lemon extract. I usually make homemade whipped cream with vanilla, but I thought the hint of lemon would be a nice touch with the already very sweet cobbler, and boy was I right!

This dessert was by far the best I've had in a very, very long time! I can't say any more about it without drooling uncontrollably, so I'll just stop there. ;)

Have you done any baking lately? Are you obsessed with homemade whipped cream too? It's so much simpler than it seams, promise!

xo JC

No comments:

Post a Comment