Monday, January 14, 2013

Coffee for Stretch Marks?

I saw on Pinterest that you can use coffee grinds to help reduce the appearance of stretch marks. When I was pregnant with Galen I used Palmer's Cocoa Butter for Stretch Marks Cream on my tummy everyday and for the entire 9 months I never got a stretch mark there so I am definitely a fan of that product. However, I think it only works well in preventing them, not necessarily treating them.

It wasn't until about the 8th month of pregnancy that I started seeing stretch marks in other places like my boobs, my hiney, and right on my hips. All places that I didn't put the cream! Argh!!! I got so frustrated, not simply because of the stretch marks, but the last few months of pregnant were tough for me. I gained 50lbs total and I was so extremely swollen that I could barely do anything so getting these stretch marks just added to the stress. Once I noticed them I immediately began putting the Palmer's cream in those areas, but it was already a little late, but I do think it helped prevent even more stretch marks. In the beginning I really wasn't expecting or even fathoming that I would gain that much weight or get that stretched out. I went from a B cup bra to a D+ cup. (I say D+ because I bought D sizes when I realized I was growing but at my largest I didn't really ft into them so I'm not sure hat size I actually was). Also I had no idea I would get stretch marks on my hiney a bad as I did.

I am all for women embracing their bodies, being happy with them, and knowing that their bodies are made to change when they go through pregnancy, nursing, puberty, and all the other aspects of life that cause our bodies to and age and change. It's completely natural and a beautiful thing, but it is disheartening to have things happen that are out I your control and although we all get battle scars from these changes, some are definitely less desirable an even painful. But likely doctors will tell you, there really isn't any one thing that is a guaranteed fix for stretch marks, so don't spend all your money on different products tying to fix an issue that nature put there.

When I heard about the "coffee treatment" I'll call it, I was intrigued and it sounded easy, free, natural, and worth a try! And it used my favorite thing- recycled materials!

Gather some used coffee grinds an mis with olive oil and rub into your skin for about 5 min. Wrap with a hot towel for about 20 min or until the heat is gone, then rinse with warm water and follow up with a good moisturizer, possibly the Palmer's cream I mentioned. Do this process a few times a week and it claims that you will see results within two weeks.

So I am going to try this process and ill report back with progress pics and hopefully some pointers!

Here's before pics of the ones on both of my sides, and obviously I'm not showing you my boobs and hiney so you'll have to take my word for the progress on those areas:




Here's to hoping!

Xo JC




8 comments:

  1. I really hope this works for you. I have white stretch marks all the way back from puberty, and I'll try this method to get rid of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MK!

      I have been using this mixture on and off for the past month and I like it. (That reminds me I need to do an update post haha). I do notice a difference when I get out of the shower, but the next day I'm not sure how much they've faded. I love how it makes my skin feel though, and it's really easy and cheap to make (I scoop out grinds after I use a K-Cup), so even if it is a long term kind of thing I will keep using it!

      I've given it to some of my friends to get some feedback too lol. Let me know what you think about it and glad you stopped by =)

      xo JC

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Essential stretch marks treatment has provided in this blog and to ensure through this process a solution.
    stretch mark cream reviews

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bio Oil for Stretch Marks states that it will reduce the presence of said marks thanks to its all-natural ingredient stack. The ingredients are a mix of vitamins and plant oils which moisturize the skin and allow the marks to fade. beststretchmarkcream site review

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are really good tips. No one product works for everyone.Stretch marks treatment

    ReplyDelete
  6. The information shared here is very useful and expecting to see the result of stretch mark treatment in your next blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Newstretchmarksremoval Advances in medical technology have created optical maser instrumentality that doesn't cause any pain to the patient therefore the optical maser treatment for stretch marks is sort of painless. http://www.newstretchmarksremoval.com

    ReplyDelete