Saturday, March 16, 2013

We Saw Daddy!

Hi there!

We just got back home from visiting lovie at his pre-mob station as he is getting ready to go overseas. I was so excited to see him!! Also I surprisingly have been keeping my emotions pretty stable since being back, knowing this was the last time I would see him in 9 months.

My two cuties! It melted my heart so much to see them together again, even if just for a few hours. The time we got to spend with him was a lot shorter than expected but it was full of smiles, hugs, and kisses so I couldn't ask for anything else.

Lovie's dad is also in the Army Reserves and has served two deployments and has carried this knife with him on both. It has been passed down 4 generations of military family members who all carried it with them on deployments. Lovie was extremely honored and excited to receive it from his dad.



I love this picture of him standing in front of the The American Soldier monument. And he thought it was awesome because his birthday is Aug 17. It reads:

This monument is dedicated to the only indispensable instrument of war, the American solider. The Ultimate Weapon. If they are not there, you don't own it. 17 August 1990.


Every company that is currently deployed that pre-mobed out of this post has a yellow flag hanging in front of the American Warrior monument. When the company returns they get to take their flag with them back to their unit.



I can't believe we're already here. The end of the beginning and the beginning of the real thing. I still feel better than I ever thought I would, but he's still been in the States and we've been able to text now and then and talk on the phone a few times a week. It's a whole new ball game now, and I'm up to bat. It's real and I don't like it.

xo JC

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you got to see him...even if it was only for a short time. Your baby looks SO happy :)

    ReplyDelete