Sunday, March 10, 2013

A Pretty Pink Piggy Birthday

Hello!

I am so excited to share with you today the birthday party I did for my lovely cousin Makayla who was turning 12. Take a look-

Raspberry and Vanilla Cookie Pops-

I added a few piggy details in the flowers, scattered on the table, and on the garland.

DIY Water Bottle Labels that matched the color scheme-

A few little lolly pops-

Homemade Rice Crispy Pops in Pink Chocolate-

DIY Favors made out of toilet paper rolls. They each had a set of flower hairpins inside for each of the guests.



For Dinner I made Mini Toasted Meatball Sandwiches-

Individual Veggie Sticks with Dip-

And then of course, the cake! I had so much fun making a double layer white cake with chocolate frosting, and adorned with a little piggy family to play in the "mud". Add a kit-kat fence and some tall sparkly pink candles and it was a hit!

Strawberries drizzles with pink chocolate-

And here is the garland I made using the matching paper and some piggies.

A Side View of the whole set up =)

And to top it all off some nice refreshing Pink Lemonade!


Oh my goodness was this party a hit! The girls had so much fun and I had an absolute blast making everything for it and setting up for her! As per just about everything I do, it was all on a budget and I DIYed as much as possible.

Here's a breakdown:
  • I found the lovely floral wrapping paper at Micheal's which set the tone for the color scheme and the overall look of the decor. 
  • I used some of the wrapping paper to make triangle garland and used some silhouettes of pigs in pink and tan that I printed on regular computer paper to add to the garland. 
  • The favors were also wrapped in the same wrapping paper. I used empty toilet paper rolls that I covered with paper using a glue stick and stuffed each with the hair pins and tissue paper. Then I folded the sides down and attached a strip of paper in a matching pink and added a blank white sticker on top that I wrote "Thank You" and a dotted border.
  • For the cookie pops I used store-bought cookies (ah, gasp!) and put skewers in them to add height and dimension to the table. 
  • The rice crispies were super easy and once they were cool I dipped them in a little bit of pink chocolate and added a lollipop stick. 
  • All of the cut glass is from my Aunt's antique collection which is called the Star of David collection (I think?) and I decided I really love how it looks and how versatile and timeless it is so I will be starting my own collection, but possibly with a different set than what she has.
  • The water glasses that held the veggies with dip were purchased at the dollar store.
  • I bought light pink napkins and plates at Wal-Mart and used the napkins to dress up the glasses and potted plants (that my Aunt had already)
  • The white cake stand is something I previously had purchased from HomeGoods and I love that thing! It is simple but you can put different color ribbon in the cutouts to go with your theme. I kept it empty for this occasion. 
  • For one of the trays of strawberries I used the box that the cookies came in and wrapped it in some remaining paper to add some height to the food as well.
  • For the water bottles, I pulled off the initial label and replaced it with some scrapbook paper with packaging tape all the way around. 
  • Over all I spent about $60 for everything you see. 
I really love how everything turned out and can't wait to be doing more of these dessert tables and party set ups for many, many more occasions to come! 

I definitely think I will be using wrapping paper more often for decor. It is a really inexpensive way to get a lot of paper, and an easy way to get it covered with one pattern. A lot of people use fabric, which is also a good option, but I just rarely go to the fabric store. Wrapping paper is more my thing =)

Happy Birthday Makayla!

xo JC



No comments:

Post a Comment