Saturday, September 6, 2014

Fell Off The Face Of The Earth

Holy Guacamole! I literally fell off the face of blog-world. Welp- Guess who's back?!

It has been over a year since my last blog post so let's recap-

1. I started a business from home. This is the main reason I stopped blogging for so long. My business took all of my spare time, as I wanted it to. I started this blog during deployment to keep Lovie up to speed, to have a hobby, and because I like having a blog. But when I decided to start a business it filled the gap of having a hobby and something to do. 

2. Erik came home from deployment!! When I last posted, we were about 7 months away from homecoming. The summer took for.ev.er. but as the fall came along and the holidays were nearing it seemed to get a little easier. Also, with the new business, it really seemed to help make the weeks go by quicker. Thank goodness!

We intentionally saved money during deployment so that when Erik came home he didn't have to go back to work, and other than my business, I didn't have to go back to traditional work either. So we went from a year without seeing each other at all to 9 months of seeing each other all. day. every. day. What a change =) It has been such a blessing for him and little man to be able to spend so much time together, and I am so grateful we got to take it slow this year and really enjoy family life. I truly have enjoyed it.

3. Now little man is about to have his 2nd birthday. ... just a second while I wipe away tears haha. More on how he's doing and toddler life.

4. Now that Erik is home and inactive military, he will be staying with little man during the day. I will be returning to work, at least part-time, maybe full-time. (we'll see what offers I get) But I would like to be more consistent with blogging, at least for a journaling purpose that perhaps we can have as a time capsule when little man is older.

Good night for now =)
xo JC

No comments:

Post a Comment